AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Game of Thrones Slots (Server & Tools)
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_Z-P212617
Zynga is looking for an Engineer in the Austin, Eugene, Chicago, SF Bay area, or Toronto areas, and more specifically, someone whose level of experience should be equivalent to a Senior Software Engineer.
We have a well-rounded and tight-knit, distributed team with a healthy mix of engineering skill levels, and are looking to strengthen our team in tackling a variety of challenges that we face. We need a self-driven engineer who reliably delivers working software in a team environment.
The candidate would have an opportunity to design and build core gameplay systems; create web-based tools for operating the game; and modernize legacy code. The ideal candidate will have strong software design skills; can write both clean code and automated tests; can provide scalable solutions in a distributed environment; and has at least four years of experience working on mobile games or live service software.
Our mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. To be successful in this role you will have a passion for games, a high level of integrity, great technical depth and skills, and a strong desire to build successful software.
- Gameplay, systems, server-side engineering (PHP), and web-based tools development (React.js)
- Individual contributor, working under a Technical Lead
- Design and develop features, gameplay functionality, and operational tools using PHP and React
- Write high-quality automated tests that prove code works as intended
- Modernize patterns and systems used in a monolithic codebase
- Dive into the internals of engine-level systems to extend them as-needed
- Develop and integrate new technologies & SDKs
- Help to define systems
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education / work experience
- 4+ Years industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong software development fundamentals in OOP languages (e.g. Golang, C#, PHP, JS)
- Experience with optimizing SQL and NoSQL database interactions
- Solid foundation in data structures and design patterns
- Applies best practices for modern software development
- Prior experience developing mobile games or live service software
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Web development experience with React
- Mobile development experience with a focus on iOS and/or Android
- Performance profiling and optimization experience
- DevOps experience with AWS services
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125000 and $190000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence