AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Crosswords With Friends
Crosswords With Friends™ is looking for the right Senior Software Engineer to join our talented and growing development team. We have a clear product vision to entertain and delight the hundreds of thousands of crosswords players who play our game daily, and are seeking best-in-class game makers to bring that vision to life. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by millions of people worldwide.
In our studio, you’ll find a fun culture with great perks (non-stop food, gym membership, subsidized commuting to/from the office using public transit, offsite events). Our office is located in the downtown core and is easily accessible via the TTC and GO transit.
If you enjoy games, like to build great features that delight our customers, work well on a small team and are results-oriented, come join us!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience (mobile on either iOS or Android is preferred), with one or more shipped products.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, and design and implement large software solutions.
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code in one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, Objective C, Java, C#, etc.)
- Strives for expertise in software craftsmanship; able to collaborate with and influence peers in software design.
- Provides domain expertise in one area of development such as native app development, rendering, user interface, AI, multi-threading, build and deployment, cross-platform development etc.
- Solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Updates knowledge constantly. Always learning and seeking to learn.
- Server experience is a plus; for example, web service integration, application server performance, relational databases or data analytics.
- Passion for gaming on any platform
- Have a strong background in C#/.NET development (e.g. Xamarin, Unity, etc.)
- Have released a product on the iOS App Store or Android Marketplace
- Have developed a product for Facebook and/or other social platforms
- Are proficient developing both key client and backend game systems
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time