AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Wizard of Oz, Slots
The Wizard of Oz Slots team is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our growing feature development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create, enhance, and maintain within a single C++ based codebase used to deliver Zynga Slot games across various mobile and web platforms.
- Lead multi week to month long complex projects that you’ve broken down into smaller tasks with costing and communication of issues along the way.
- Proactively identify problems and recommend solutions, improvements, and new approaches to address them.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Assist other engineers in their career progression and skill development.
- Contribute to Zynga’s culture of knowledge sharing with studio, division, and/or company-wide tech talks and technical write-ups.
- Lead a pod of engineers through sprint planning, task management, code reviews, and release support.
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent work experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- 6+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development, with one or more shipped products.
- Strong experience with C++ required. Experience with modern C++ (C++11/14/17) is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with mobile development or game development (especially Slots or Casino) is a plus.
- Experience with server-side technologies in PHP/Java/C++/Go or REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring live server deployments is a plus.
- Experience with managing other engineers is a plus.
What we offer you:
Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
Catered lunch daily
Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
Open vacation policy for many employees
Flexible working hours on many teams
Casual dress every single day
Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time