AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
We are seeking top software engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga’s mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have firm dedication to understanding and making use of data, an unwavering aim to achieve excellence, and the desire to have their work seen by hundreds of millions of players worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data and ML at Zynga. We are building Machine Learning products serving mobile games. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing cloud based server solutions addressing the needs of Zynga’s games. In this role, you will be focusing on cloud based applications for enabling solutions providing data driven predictions demanded by our various games.
- 5+ years of industry experience in server-side software development
- Strong programming experience in one or more of: GoLang, Java, Python.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong object-oriented design and architecture skills
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
- Have a systematic approach to project planning and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to articulate the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and to reason about the compromises required for systems at scale
- Experience with Amazon AWS and related technologies
- 3+ years building and shipping distributed high availability cloud services
- Deep expertise in GoLang and its package eco-system
- Development experience involving machine learning pipelines and/or large-scale data processing
- Experience with GIT
- Prior experience with TDD, unit testing and code coverage
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $118,000 and $133,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, US, Remote, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P210855
Select Your Country of Residence