AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Back-End
Zynga is looking for a strong senior software engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high-quality mechanics that scale! Come join us … and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a PHP based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high-quality team of hardworking individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Create and work with data objects in relational and non-relational storage models
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Help mentor other engineers in core language and technology challenges.
You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or related technical experience or equivalent), with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS and related technologies
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time