AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Applied AI
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Mateo and have additional offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To date, more than one billion people have played our games across the Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s Applied AI group focuses on developing innovative ways to solve problems within the game development process, demonstrating directly the ways that AI can contribute throughout the creative process. We build tools and technologies to support every aspect of the development process, from concept development through to LiveOps and publishing operations.
To be successful in this role you should have curiosity about the areas of Game Development, Machine Learning and Computational Creativity, be a proactive learner, have good depth in technical skills, and a strong desire to build high quality software.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code
- Build adaptable web interfaces with an emphasis on accessibility and performance
- Work together with peers on wireframes
- Planning and implementation of tasks of small to medium scale
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Extensive knowledge of ReactJS, CSS and HTML
- An understanding of basic UX principles
- Familiarity with game development engines
- Desire to learn and share knowledge with their peers
- Good understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_108636
Select Your Country of Residence