AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer-1
Words With Friends (WWF) is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. On our mobile engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high-quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and nurture a better work environment.
Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- Work on the Words With Friends mobile client team in Unity C#
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Collaborate with your team to build game features, robust systems and UI that looks great and runs smoothly
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming experience in Unity C# development environments or one of the following: C, C++, Java, Objective-C
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong pluses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience using rest APIs
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with GIT
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K (US), RRSP (Canada) Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition ID: P210600
Select Your Country of Residence