AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Rendering Engineer – Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer – Unreal to join us at NaturalMotion/Zynga in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs and work to specifications to implement software solutions.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code in C++ and HLSL/GLSL for Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL and Metal.
- Tackle problems across rendering, optimization, tooling development, and making beautiful visuals run smoothly on a wide range of devices.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years proven experience as a console or PC software game developer
- Strong C++ and shader language programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Expertise with debugging a wide range of graphical issues
- 3+ years experience with Unreal Engine or an equivalent proprietary game engine.
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_Z-P212347
Select Your Country of Residence