AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
You will independently lead a team’s test strategy and lead the end-to-end testing of everything related to your team. Fully embedded, you’ll be a pillar of great practice and knowledge for junior internal QA staff. You’ll already have built a toolbox of manual functional testing skills to apply to new project challenges.
Come join us! You’ll find a dynamic and engaging culture while having the opportunity to be a key component in the delivery of major features for a franchise title.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Scope of Responsibility: Contribute to a multi-discipline, highly agile game team and lead the test strategy for everything crafted by the team. The Senior QA Engineer knows how to approach manual test creation for different scenarios, what level of detail to use and what software packages to use in the creation of those tests: Test Sessions in JIRA, scripted suites TestRail or otherwise.
- Effective vendor use: Performing in-sprint component testing yourself and coordinating other tests to be run by your external vendor team. Set the standard for test estimations and coordination processes, knows what good internal & external cohesion looks like and is confident at getting the most from vendor relationships.
- Information, Reporting and Communication: Being adept at crafting tests that get the clearest results and then summarizing that test data into useful, digestible, reports for the internal feature team to action. Knowing when an email report is more effective than an instant message and when a face-to-face is the way to go.
- Decision making: Recognize the balance between quality and other business priorities; knowing the ROI of testing and how to navigate difficult project decisions.
- Best Practice and Mentoring: Promoting QA best practices and running, mentoring and training for junior members of the internal and external QA teams. Represent QA during planning meetings and retrospectives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong initiative and ability to proactively self-manage; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
- Strong experience working in a game studio as part of a feature/sprint team or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing.
- Strong experience and effective use of external test teams to execute your test plans. (Task estimation, team organization, task prioritization, etc.)
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology (ideally in relation to mobile games or live-supported games).
- Previous experience with bug databases, preferably JIRA.
- Experience using a test management system, preferably TestRail.
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives and estimations
- Experience of QA within pre-production projects and prototyping phases
- Experience of Live Ops and Games-as-a-service projects
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certifications or equivalent certifications
- Experience working on mobile platforms: iOS, Android and Amazon
- Experience with testing client/server interactions
- Understanding of how software architecture influences the amount of testing required, including optimizing tests that utilize the same code paths.
- Familiarity with development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal or similar
- Familiarity with source control and branching, such as GIT or SVN
- Experience of technical areas and tooling: Network tools, Performance tools, Analytics tools, API test tooling, Automation frameworks, device farms, or similar
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Quality Assurance
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P209755
Select Your Country of Residence