AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior QA Engineer – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Senior QA Engineer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You will be fundamental in helping to build out Automation testing on our game on multiple platforms. Working directly with the team to help build out an optimum, robust and scalable automation solution, as well as a more technical approach to testing. You will also work with other QA members of the team to technically test the game through different mechanisms. As well as being a key contributor in the shift left automation strategy.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a QA Engineer, SDET or similar
- Excellent communicator
- Works well with others
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Experience with one or more of C, C++, C#, Python, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Solid understanding of automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Design, implement, develop and maintain automation framework and scripts for switch
- Outstanding track record in communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Good working SQL knowledge
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Quality Assurance
Careers location: Brighton, UK
Requisition ID: P209863
Select Your Country of Residence