AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior QA Analyst
The Senior QA Analyst has in-depth QA, technical and project expertise, and has full ownership of quality across designated game areas or SKUs. Responsible for raising the quality bar through detailed test planning, feedback, and test process refinement for the test team. The Senior QA Analyst will guide more junior members and/or vendor teams towards a higher degree of efficiency and execution. The Senior QA Analyst may manage multiple features simultaneously while ensuring timely delivery against production timescales and costs. The Senior QA Analyst is expected to have a thorough understanding of test planning techniques, critical thinking and analysis, and the mobile gaming Software Development Life Cycle.
- As a Senior member of the QA team, you will act as the first review point for test cases/ plans developed by internal QA Analysts and/ or vendor teams.
- Responsible for prioritizing and assigning of daily tasks and managing the vendor/QA team
- Work with studio leadership to ensure the team has a robust on-boarding process for new internal staff members who join the QA team.
- Develop and execute, in partnership with vendor management, a process to backfill QA staff to ensure coverage
- Have the experience to effectively delegate ownership to vendor teams. Know what can and cannot be delegated.
- Will be responsible for a platform, release or SKU.
- Lead ‘areas of QA’ such as regression, retesting or Live QA, or an area of specialization.
- May act as the team QA POC with the rest of Zynga for company wide initiatives (e.g., ZADE, IPv6, GDPR).
- Develop and track team QA metrics that enable team leadership to make decisions that improve product quality.
- Creates and executes on product test plans and strategy for releases.
- Creates and executes maintenance test suites (regression, maintenance, smoke, sanity).
- Creates and executes non-functional test suites (performance, endurance, load, usability).
- Creates and executes partner SDK test suites (Ads, Analytics, Compliance, UA).
- Creates test suites for complex features and cross-feature interactions.
- Understand mobile hardware and the challenges related to compatibility testing.
- Has extensive knowledge about QA and can explain testing techniques to other disciplines, including why certain methods are being used on a given project/feature
- Crafts reports and communication to be appropriate for the audience, including executives.
- Drive improvements to QA tools and processes
- Take on delegation from QA Leadership e.g. on boarding of new QA Analysts, chairs weekly meeting, test case management, test case reviews, release test ownership, outsource management.
- Maintain and update test strategies, test plans, cross-feature plans etc. created by other members of the team.
- Ability to manage self and several other QA testers
- Can apply advanced knowledge of testing to make testing more efficient e.g. test matrices for compatibility.
- Is aware of test design methods and can break features down into their core components.
- Understands the coverage automated testing gives (if implemented) and adjusts manual testing appropriately.
- Can analyze performance data to find and report issues.
- Can critically analyze risks and what testing is needed to mitigate them.
- Understands different types of users and can adapt their user acceptance tests to cover all scenarios.
- Understanding of client and server testing, including server validation, mobile DLC, and experiments/ events.
- Ability to use profiling tools such as Xcode, GameBench or built in debug. Can generate reports from these tools.
- Ability to take on features or game areas which are technically more challenging e.g. profile syncing, metadata, or time-gated features.
- Champions a growth mindset and solutions to problems, good proactive attitude.
- Drives knowledge sharing in the team and ensures the team has no gaps in skill coverage.
- Does not get side-tracked by things outside their control, has focus.
- Knowledge and ability to write pseudo code which will allow the Senior QA Analysts to find edge cases.
- ASTQB qualified
- Experience working in a distributed team structure of both in-house and vendor resources
- Understands how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilize the same code paths.
- Prior experience in use of test case management software (e.g. TestRail)
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time