AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior QA Analyst – Manual testing
Zynga is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) to oversee multiple mobile games within the With Friends franchise. The Senior QA Analyst is expected to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while still ensuring timely delivery of releases. This person must have proven to consistently own, evangelize, and deliver quality on technically complicated features/areas.
- Lead ‘areas of testing’ for feature, regression and exploratory testing for multiple mobile games.
- Lead by example and guide our vendor test testers towards a higher degree of efficiency and execution on any given feature or release.
- Ability to explain testing techniques and approach to other disciplines such as production team, customer service, engineering, etc.
- Develop team QA metrics that enable the QA Manager to make decisions to improve product quality.
- Track quality metrics for each mobile game.
- Takes on delegation from QA Manager/Producer. E.g. onboarding of new testers, chairs weekly QA meeting, maintain test cases in TestRail, etc.
- Review and provide constructive feedback on test cases to junior testers.
- Assumes full ownership on every release; break apart large, complex goals to create manageable tasks and more accurate estimates.
- Experience working with offshore testers.
- Creates release test strategy.
- Creates test suites for complex features and cross-feature interactions.
- Creates maintenance test suites (cross-feature testing, regression, sanity, build verification).
- Creates partner SDK test suites (Ads, Analytics, Compliance, UA).
- Works closely with Producer to set up weekly events to be published to our players; coordinating testing on non-Production and Production environments.
- Constantly keep up with the software architecture for each game and understand how the architecture can influence the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilize the same code paths.
- Ability to take on features or game areas which are technically more challenging e.g. profile syncing, metadata, time-gated features.
Must Have Skills
- Excellent communication skills; ability to ‘speak up’ to producers, product owners, engineers on risks and issues on behalf of the QA team. Hold productive verbal and written conversations with studio leadership.
- Ability to multi-task across games with parallel releases at the same time yet does not get sidetracked by things outside their control; has focus. Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-moving environment.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle that follows Agile, Iterative and/or Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in using tools to support testing. E.g. Charles Proxy, Splunk, Experiment Manager, Device Debugging Tools (Android Monitor, XCode — Used for gathering logs).
- Very strong JIRA knowledge including dashboards, filters (advanced), boards and exporting.
- Vendor management experience
- Can apply advanced knowledge of testing to make testing more efficient (ex. test coverage).
- Can critically analyze risks and what testing is needed to mitigate them. Understand mobile hardware and the challenges related to compatibility testing.
- Proven understanding of client and server testing, including server validation (not just client-side testing).
- Ability to carry out Payments testing to a high standard.
- Has coach and mentor junior testers in the mobile game development lifecycle.
- Keeps up to date on advances in testing techniques, and process; identify areas for improvements and proposes solutions.
- Champions solutions to problems; be the voice of quality
- Drives knowledge sharing in the team and ensures the team has no gaps in skill coverage.
Nice to Have Skills
- Creates non-functional test suites (performance, endurance, load, usability).
- Expert knowledge of the game/product and branches out into learning about non-project specific areas like performance, network, security, UX and LiveOps.
- Proficient in designing flow charts/ diagrams.
- Understands the coverage automated testing gives and adjusts manual testing appropriately.
- Can analyze performance data to find and report issues.
- Knows how to research information on testing and apply the results.
- Can read and understand scripts and basic code.
- ISTQB intermediate qualified
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had a great start to 2018, outperforming guidance in the quarter across all key financial measures and delivering our highest mobile audience in over four years. Our Q1 revenue was $208.2 million, above our guidance by $8.2 million and up $13.9 million or 7% year-over-year. We ended 2017 with our strongest topline performance since Q1 2013. Revenue was $233.3 million, above our guidance by $18.3 million and up $42.7 million or 22% year-over-year.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time