AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior QA Analyst
The Senior QA Analyst has in-depth QA, technical and project expertise, and has full ownership of quality across designated game areas or SKUs. Responsible for raising the quality bar higher by feeding back and refining processes for the test team, the ideal candidate will guide more junior members and/or vendor teams towards a higher degree of efficiency and execution. The SQA Analyst will lead multiple features simultaneously while ensuring timely delivery against production timescales and costs. Additionally, they are expected to have a detailed understanding of test planning techniques, critical thinking and analysis, and the mobile gaming Software Development Life Cycle.
- Communicate complex information/problems and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases encompassing manual, non-functional, and possibly automation.
- Control and monitor testing efforts looking for coverage gaps as well as seeking to improve quality and efficiency.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members and external vendors.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on the team's process, tools, and scripts
- Build and share knowledge between other Zynga teams and partners.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong initiative and ability to proactively self-manage; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
- Strong experience working in a game studio as part of a feature/sprint team or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication and social skills backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing.
- Strong experience and effective use of external test teams to implement your testing plans and strategies. (Task estimation, team organization, task prioritization, etc.)
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology (ideally in relation to mobile games or live-supported games).
- Experience using a task tracking software and test management system, preferably JIRA & TestRail.
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives, and estimations.
- Experience in QA within pre-production projects and prototyping phases.
- Experience of Live Ops and Games-as-a-service projects.
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certifications or equivalent certifications
- Experience working on mobile platforms: iOS, Android, and Amazon
- Experience with testing client/server interactions
- Understanding of how software architecture influences the amount of testing required, including optimizing tests that use the same code paths.
- Familiarity with development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal or similar
- Familiarity with source control and branchings, such as GIT or SVN
- Experience of technical areas and tooling: Network tools, Performance tools, Analytics tools, API test tooling, Automation frameworks, device farms, or similar
- Unity experience specifically testing or automation tool
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Quality Assurance
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Select Your Country of Residence