AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior QA Analyst – Poker
As a Senior QA Analyst, you have in-depth QA, technical and project expertise, and has full ownership of quality across designated game areas or SKUs. Responsible for raising the quality bar higher by fostering back and refining processes for the test team, you will guide more junior members and/or vendor teams towards a higher degree of efficiency and execution. You will lead multiple features simultaneously while ensuring timely delivery against production timescales and costs. You will be expected to have the ability to checkout and build a codebase, identity similar code paths to achieve pair testing, and understand the use of metadata in mobile games.
- Act as first review point for test cases/ plans developed by internal QA Analysts and/ or vendor teams.
- Responsible for prioritizing tasks and leading vendor/QA team
- Working with studio leadership ensure the team have a robust on-boarding process for new internal staff members who join the QA team.
- Develop in partnership with vendor management a process to backfill QA staff in times of sickness, vacations or leavers.
- Will be responsible for a platform, release or SKU.
- Lead ‘areas of QA’ such as regression, retesting or Live QA, or an area of specialization e.g. network/ events for the team.
- May act as the team QA POC with the rest of Zynga for companywide initiatives e.g., ZADE, IPv6, GDPR.
- Develop team QA metrics that enable team leadership to make decisions that improve product quality.
- Creates product test strategy for each release, maintenance test suites (regression, maintenance, smoke, sanity), non-functional test suites (performance, endurance, load, usability), partner SDK test suites (Ads, Analytics, Compliance, UA), test suites for complex features and cross-feature interactions.
- Understand mobile hardware and the challenges related to compatibility testing.
- Crafts reports and communication to be appropriate for the audience, including executives.
- Drives improvements to QA development tools such as the debug menu or crash capturing.
- Takes on delegation from QA Leadership e.g. on boarding of new QA Analysts, chairs weekly meet, test case management, test case reviews, release test ownership, outsource management.
- Maintain and update test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans etc built by other members of the team.
- Can apply advanced knowledge of testing to make testing more efficient.
- Is aware of test design methods like state tables that allow QA to break features down into their core components.
- Understands the coverage automated testing gives (if implemented) and adjusts manual testing appropriately.
- Can analyse performance data to find and report issues.
- Can critically analyse risks and what testing is needed to mitigate them.
- Understands different types of users and can adapt their user acceptance tests to cover all scenarios.
- Understanding of client and server testing, including server validation, mobile DLC, and experiments/ events.
- Ability to use profiling tools – i.e. xcode, GameBench or built in debug. Can generate reports from these tools.
- Champions solutions to problems, good can-do attitude, has focus.
- Drives knowledge sharing in the team and ensures the team has no gaps in skill coverage.
- Understanding of and/or experience with ad networks is a plus
- Ability to write pseudo code which will allow the team to find edge cases.
- ASTQB qualified.
- Understands how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths.
- Has experience in using device farms e.g. AWS or testdroid.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time