AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Product Manager, Analytics
Senior Technical Product Manager, Analytics
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
The Senior Technical Product Manager for Analytics will be responsible for helping drive a clear technology vision for our industry-leading Analytics products and services that CT offers to our games. This is the product that helped secure our reputation as one of the pioneers of live-ops, and this role will involve developing the strategies that result in us continuing to have an industry-leading, innovative, scalable and insightful Analytics product.. In addition to working intimately with their top-notch engineering team, this individual will partner with other product teams in Central Tech and Central Data Organization, in addition to game studios, to understand business goals and translate them into requirements, use cases, roadmap and priorities for our Analytics Engineering team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product management of Analytics Engineering stack preferably focussing on mobile. Experience with managing and deploying the analytics products, including developer tools, in cloud is required (alternatively, architect-level engineering experience with great product sense)
- Ability to create wireframes, product specifications and white papers
- Experience managing live web or mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing is preferred
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including being able to write scripts or queries yourself to get the data you need.
- Great presentation skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Opinionated about what great Analytics products should be.
- Passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- MS degree. MBA preferred
You will be a perfect fit if
- You have a passion for Analytics and enjoy figuring out what features could really enhance the experience and value to our customers.
- You have a passion for Data products from cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Azure you might want to leverage to make a difference to our Analytics stack.
- You crave building product strategy and seeing it come to life via personalized experiences. You have deep insight and point of views on similar products and services offered by 3rd parties such as Firebase, Unity, and Mixpanel.
- You embrace partnering with the game teams and Data Analyst teams to understand their needs, monitor market and tech trends and synthesize them to develop the Central Technology Analytics roadmap. You can negotiate, prioritize and balance creativity and pragmatism while developing the roadmap that is aligned across stakeholders.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You were a software engineer or have a strong engineering background. You enjoy solving problems and partner with engineering leadership in finding creative solutions with educated trade-offs. If you can’t find a solution, you will dig deep and present alternatives.
- You are an empathetic leader. You understand, relate to and are sensitive to stakeholder teams and peers. You get a kick in helping them.
- You can explain a complicated topic, e. g. Machine Learning, to a 6-year-old. You can communicate clearly and write well.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time