AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Producer
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Summary and Purpose
As Senior Producer at BossAlien, you will be responsible for the planning and path to achieving the highest quality with a new, premiere mobile shooter set in the Star Wars universe.
You will empower teams to deliver an amazing game at high quality, on budget and on time. Champion the improvement of the development processes through team retrospectives and feedback. As a strong facilitator, you will own the team planning, retrospectives, product review meetings, to ensure all teams have common and clear short and long-term goals. As a supportive leader for the team, you will help developers to stand on common ground and removing obstacles along the way.
Work with risk assessment and risk mitigation planning. As part of your job you will resolve any dependencies and communicate the production status, plans, risk mitigation, and development metrics back to the team and to the studio leadership. You are able to react and make decisions quickly and independently.
This is a senior production role, reporting to the Executive Producer.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning and Execution: Working with feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will define the work to be done, work with partners and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership, build long and short term plans, and communicate to all interested parties.
- Communication and Leadership: Own written, verbal and visual communication between disciplines, teams and individuals. Present transparent progress status and risk plan reporting, as well as quantitative production milestone metrics. Keep everyone in sync with plans, and changes as they happen. Provide vision and direction to individuals and teams, provide clear ownership of problem-solving and feature development.
- Release Management: Ensure high quality releases, working with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and any other teams to ensure our internal and external releases are well understood, high quality and meet all requirements.
- Process Improvement: Craft the right process for the right teams and problems. Constantly iterate on these solutions through the team retrospectives and feedback to find the best way for delivering game updates effectively and thoroughly through all stages from Concept Prototype to Live.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Project Manager / Producer with full production cycle experience from Concept Prototyping to Launch and Live Operations
- Highly capable and experienced in Agile SCRUM, Kanban, team management, long and short-term project scheduling and execution
- Strong status and risk reporting skills including executive-level project reporting
- Experience in leading large multi-disciplinary feature teams developing towards specific deadlines and delivering to a world-class quality bar
- Effective at bringing order out of chaos, excellent prioritization and decision-making skills
- Experience with implementing and miniating release process Capable of being responsible for a defined area of a project, expected to provide best practice input and mentoring to the more junior members of the group
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication. Effective team collaborator and meeting facilitator.
- 4+ years of Mobile game development experience
Additional Skills (optional good to have)
- Experience with distributed or external development teams on AAA-class games
- Experience in development of games based on external IP and direct communication with external IP/brand holders
- Knowledge and practical experience of production team management using one of the scalable agile methodologies (Large Scale Scrum, Nexus, SAFe and others) is highly beneficial
- PMP understanding
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- We create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- We work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time