AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior/Principal Software Engineer – Server
Zynga is looking for an expert individual contributor to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your code into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Senior/Principal server engineer, you’ll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high-quality mechanics that scale! Come join us and make games for a living!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a PHP based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You’ll be joining a high-quality team of hardworking individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams).
- Optimize code & memory for high performance on multiple platforms.
- Simulate and test code and algorithms to ensure stability within a global game economy.
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements.
- Mentor other specialists in core language and technology struggles.
You will be addressing critical issues on one of our biggest game titles, which combined have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 7+ years industry experience as a Software Developer.
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proven ability to architect and design large projects and complicated systems.
- Performance profiling and optimization experience.
- Desire to develop games / prior game development game experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns, work with distributed teams, and provide helpful feedback to team members.
- Experience with common workflow tools like source control (GIT), bug tracking (JIRA), etc.
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Experience shipping and/or working on live game titles.
- Experience using Unity and C#.
- Experience in Live Ops situations.
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience.
- Experience with Amazon AWS and related technologies
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time