AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Database Administrator – Data Management
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and further improving the use of MySQL, Aurora, Vertica and other databases including NoSQL solutions. This position will help to provide a stable, high performing database platform to support a variety of large scale online social games and other applications. A real passion for gaming is desirable.
Does this seem like the ideal role for you?
- You will manage database systems in cloud (AWS/GCP) and on premise environments
- You will maintain data integrity and high availability of database systems
- You will handle configurations for MySQL, Aurora/RDS, Vertica and other database systems
- You will triage, fix, or escalate system and database issues
- You will update and tune database systems in high volume environment loads
- You will work with Operations to manage database hardware infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation and document procedures
- Use and write automation and reporting tools to manage databases
- Identify and recommend tools and services for managing infrastructure
- Automate systems and deployment procedures
- Analyze and develop capacity planning for database growth
- 7+ years RDBMS experience working in a high volume production environment
- At least 4+ years as a MySQL DBA in a LAMP environment (Centos/Redhat preferred)
- Experience in AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases (Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Advanced level knowledge in various aspects of MySQL 5.x /Aurora/RDS and analytical skills
- Experience with Nagios, Cacti, Sysdig, Datadog, Newrelic and/or Grafana
- Solid knowledge of physical, logical database design and schema design principles with demonstrated aptitude to apply standard methodologies for scalable designs and influence developers
- Experience with Percona (or other) tools for query optimization and schema changes.
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts in Perl, Shell, PHP or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team spirit
Other Preferred Skills:
- I/O performance tuning; Database sharding
- Understanding and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking services-Knowledge of Vertica or other data warehouse systems
- Broad exposure to Open Source tools to including automation, monitoring, networking, clustering
- Experience in online gaming environment
- Knowledge of Subversion, Git or other source code version control and repository tools
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time