AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior / Lead UX Designer – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018 & 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story!
One Team: Three Epic Games.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars™: Commander.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team create world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are seeking a Senior or Lead UX Designer to join our Action Strategy team. You will play a pivotal role in the creation of a blockbuster new mobile game. You will ensure the game’s interfaces are developed to AAA standards, and support the game’s core pillars whilst giving the player a fluid and friction free experience.
You will support and be supported by your fellow team members, giving them the insights of your expertise and benefiting from an open environment in which everyone can contribute thoughts and ideas to produce the highest quality experience for our players.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As a Senior or Lead UX Designer you will be an important member of the Action Strategy team, reporting to the game’s Creative Director. Your remit includes:
Shaping The Design Vision: You will contribute to the development of the design vision on a brand new title, designing intuitive user flows and features, that generate a compelling, market-leading mobile game.
Leading The User Experience: You will lead the design of the user experience in an exciting Star new Wars game. You will exhibit excellent creative, collaborative and prototyping skills to develop your ideas on paper, in low fidelity interactive prototypes and, ultimately deliver detailed specifications for the final game.
Close Collaboration with the UI team: Working in unison with the UI team to deliver a peerless user experience with beautifully crafted visuals free of friction. Defining what is ‘best in class’ for a user experience in a mobile action strategy game is a key part of the role.
Maintaining Interaction & Visual Consistency: Following existing interaction methods you will become a champion for maintaining consistency across all areas of the game.
Representing The Players’ Needs: You will be responsible for developing the user experience of game content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players. You will be a key player a user-focussed design process that includes the use of personas, frequent user testing and iteration based on this feedback.
Required Experience & Skills
- Knowledge about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future.
- Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can reference the best and worst user experiences and apply the lessons to your work.
- Familiarity with a range of software you are comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration of ideas, listening to feedback and exploring options to make the game stronger.
- An innate ability to develop prototypes that work across multiple aspect ratios and platforms.
- A passion for investigating new and emerging trends that push user experiences forwards.
- Comfortable with presenting and discussing the ergonomics of screen layout you can rationalise the interaction of every element and propose simple solutions to complex problems.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- We have a passion for Star Wars, and we hope you do too!
- Experience with Proto.IO or Marvel app, etc.
- Unity / Unreal engine experience
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Array