AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Development Manager – Poker
Do you thrive on challenge? Are you curious about what it means to deploy code at webscale? Are you a master of communicating by emotes in online team chat rooms? Then you will find Poker is the home for you. We are a hard working diverse team that works hard and plays hard, with many exciting social and professional events to help you take your career to the next level. When you work on poker you will not only get a chance to change the future of one of the key franchises for Zynga, but you will also learn to know when to hold’em, AND know when to fold’em. Reach out to us today to learn how to get a seat at the best table in the games industry!
The Senior Engineering Manager for the Zynga Poker Toronto Studio will be fundamental in our critical efforts to level up the Austin engineering team and improve the quality of all features/products. The ideal candidate will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, great technical depth, and a strong desire to build successful team.
- Reinforce teams identity within the Poker organization and as a centre of excellence.
- Represent at Poker Leadership meetings, highlighting team’s successes and initiatives, and resolving issues with quality.
- Partner with other leaders within the organization to understand business goals, develop roadmap, and design test strategies, tools, and drive meaningful improvements to increase overall quality.
- Oversee outsourcing and our relationship with vendors, most notably drive performance / value for money.
- Determine the tools, solutions and automation needs to drive the business to deliver results.
- Identify and implement process improvements: evolve, optimize, and define processes that can benefit multiple projects in a proactive manner.
- Manage career progression and implement development plans that keeps people motivated and engaged.
- Responsible for tracking performance, both individual and team, as well as monitoring team health.
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management
- Responsible for all recruitment and on-boarding of team.
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 8+ years related Software Testing or Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Proven ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Familiarity with software development practices, including Agile, Test Driven Development and Software (Games) as a Service.
- Experience with Mobile, API / web service, Network testing.
- Experience designing and building Test Automation Frameworks.
- Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements.
- Team player with strong collaboration and communication skills.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time