AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior/Lead Game Designer – web3
Zynga is looking for a Senior/Lead Game Designer to join our web3 gaming unit.
Who we are:
Our mission is to empower player ownership through fun and enduring games. If you want to help shape the future of gaming with a world-class team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Who you are:
You have a passion for games and have mastered your craft in game design. You see the paradigm shift into web3 gaming and NFT’s and are excited to pioneer game designs of the future. Your deep understanding of complex game systems and economies has prepared you to collaborate closely with key stakeholders to deliver designs from concept to implementation.
In your role with ZBC you will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raises-the-bar from innovation whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Your mission is to create fun and repeatable experiences that raise the bar of web3 game design quality.
- Apply your design masteries to pioneer new web3 best practices in systems design.
- Conceptualize, design, and prepare documentation for new features and content including game modes, meta progression, social game mechanics, and tokenomics models.
- Work with Producers to schedule and scope features, providing them with the necessary system design documentation and mockups to deliver to art, engineering, marketing, community and QA teams.
- Research the latest web3 and free-to-play design models and implement these best practices into the economy.
- Flexible in design thinking, comfortable in a dynamic and ever changing environment.
- 5+ years of systems design, economy modeling, and tuning data simulations. Direct experience operating a top grossing game is a plus.
- Well versed in game economy models and tuning/balancing simulations. Strong knowledge of macro and microeconomics with the ability to tackle problems and model solutions into game systems.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts, and executives.
- Love for games with a passion and intrigue for web3 innovation
- Understanding of web3, blockchain, defi, gamefi and crypto is a plus
- Understanding of free-to-play games and live ops
- Experience contributing to risk and profitability decisions in a marketplace setting
- A background in building MMOs is also a plus
- Creative knack for finding and refining the fun in any design
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and employee stock purchase plan
- Contributory 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Dog friendly workspaces!
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $160,000 per year.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $150,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Los Angeles, CA, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P210710
Select Your Country of Residence