AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Graphics Engineer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver work that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, deliver opinions confidently but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You work comfortably on large tasks with very little direction and course-correct as needed.
As a curious and avid learner, you regularly stray outside your comfort zone and are persistent enough to see lofty challenges to completion. When necessary, your intuition and proactivity compel you to switch focus to mitigate an upcoming risk or emerging opportunity. As an advocate for visual quality, you help drive productivity, learning and technical ambition.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- R&D into cutting edge techniques for new opportunities to push mobile visual boundaries and performance.
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed key visual targets.
- Working with our QA team to debug and resolve thorny graphical issues over a wide range of supported mobile devices.
- Planning and implementation of complex tasks identified as part of a sprint team.
- Reporting and documentation of tech to key stakeholders and the studio.
- Build and improve tooling and pipelines to boost team wide productivity and quality.
- Profiling and optimisation of mobile visual effects and wider rendering pipeline.
- Cross platform development and iteration of new or existing visual features from all phases of production.
Required Skills & Experience
- Rendering experience on industry quality game titles.
- Understanding of common rendering techniques and algorithms.
- Experience with profiling and with optimising for most of the following: frame rate, hitching, loading times, memory usage and storage space.
- Expertise with debugging a wide range of graphical issues.
- Competent with art and rendering pipelines.
- Confident with C# or C++ and with HLSL/CG/GLSL.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with complexities of shipping games to Android & iOS devices on different OS, chipsets and hardware specifications.
- Experience with games as service / live operations.
- Unity or Unreal Engine experience.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time