AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Graphics Engineer – Unreal – Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer – Unreal to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs and work to specifications to implement software solutions.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code in C++ and HLSL/GLSL for Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL and Metal.
- Tackle problems across rendering, optimization, tooling development, and making beautiful visuals run smoothly on a wide range of devices.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years proven experience as a console or PC software game developer
- Strong C++ and shader language programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Expertise with debugging a wide range of graphical issues
- 3+ years experience with Unreal Engine or an equivalent proprietary game engine.
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time