AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Gameplay Engineer – Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer, at experienced or senior level, who excels at bringing other people’s ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will create and iterate on gameplay and UI systems to improve the player experience
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, you will find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project’s particular needs
- The software you write will be well-designed, adaptable, and testable, for long-term use
- Working within a team, you will conceive and implement new features from the ground up
- You will help to improve the code team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing
Required Skill & Experience
- Have developed and released one or more games in Unreal and C++
- You are comfortable working in C++
- Taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- Created data driven systems
- Have worked with other disciplines to architect and implement gameplay features or systems
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of coding UI and UX features
- Familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and knowledge sharing
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Do you have experience working on action games?
- Are you experienced working with tools development?
- Are you familiar with the particular challenges of developing and running a live game?
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time