AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Gameplay AI Engineer – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of NaturalMotion, and our mission is to bring deep, engaging, console-quality action game experiences to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As Senior Gameplay AI Engineer, you will collaborate with a diverse team of developers with backgrounds in PC, console, and mobile development, and work with leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
In this role, you will be empowered to bring characters to life in Star Wars: Hunters, a new, premiere game set in the Star Wars universe. The AI opponents you design and build will entertain millions of players around the world daily in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battle.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Architect and implement AI systems and features.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers.
- Build and maintain tools and workflows that improve engineering and design efficiency.
- Iterate on existing features and systems to improve game-feel, performance, and stability.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience as an engineer shipping games in a commercial environment.
- Excellent C++.
- Expertise with UE4, particularly with gameplay and AI related systems.
- Experience with networked games using a client/server architecture.
- Technical architecture, system design, and analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Creative debugging skills.
- Experience setting technical strategy for AI and leading other engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including designers, artists, QA and other developers.
- Healthy curiosity for game design principles and theories.
- Passionate about game development and the future of the medium.
You do not need to meet all of the above criteria to apply – we welcome applications from non-traditional backgrounds and from underrepresented groups who may not have had the same opportunities as others to obtain these skills.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $190,000 per year.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $180,000 per year.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $70,000 and $125,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P211908
Select Your Country of Residence