AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Game Designer- Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Our game will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will play a pivotal role in the design of key features of Hunters on Switch and ensure that we deliver a high quality, AAA experience to our players.
You will work hand-in-hand with other designers, product managers and creative leadership to deliver consistent and coherent cross-platform features that harness the outstanding strengths of each platform.
You are aware of the available functionality on each platform and the expectations that players have when it comes to outstanding cross-platform experiences. You want to harness the best each platform has to offer and create detailed experiences that maximize engagement with the game. You can communicate that passion to the rest of the team and pass your knowledge along to others as an effective champion for how the game feels.
Finally, you have a love and admiration for the Star Wars universe, and embrace the chance to create your mark and tell your story within one of the most beloved and storied franchises of all time.
- Collaborate with creative leadership, technical leadership and product managers to build intuitive and well-crafted cross platform features
- Craft a coherent gameplay experience on Switch via controls, controller tuning, aiming, etc. with the ability to future-proof for other possible platforms
- Own major aspects of feature design in both a development and live operations capacity
- Be a bridge between design and product management. Responsible for the design-facing side of major features
- Craft clear, succinct, and impactful design specifications that serve as the source of truth for the product
- Author detailed, competitive analyses and deep dives so as to educate the wider team on the latest practices in the market
- Implement prototypes, work within the engine to accomplish the design spec, and understand the technical implications of the design
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge or expertise of cross platform standards and feature-sets
- Understanding of player expectations of a cross platform game and how to account for all platforms at the same time
- Ability to dissect and champion various aspects of weapon play in a third-person game, from the multi-modality of aim-down-sights to the spread of certain shotguns and their kickback feel
- A shown interest in Shooter games or experience designing gameplay and controls for shooters on console, especially on Switch
- Experience in feature design process from leading conceptualization and prototyping through polish and completion
- Experience at writing design specifications and building via an iterative process
- Knowledge about both mobile and console games, and the key design trends and opportunities on those platforms
- Able to communicate effectively with product managers, engineers, and other partners
**Please include portfolio or samples of your work with application**
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Austin, TX
Requisition ID: P209738
Select Your Country of Residence