AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Game Designer – Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to join our Action Strategy group. You will ensure that features are executed to AAA standards, and support the core pillars of the projects you are working on. Collaborate with a hardworking team to build the best features and content imaginable.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will provide design leadership for significant features and mechanics within an ambitious new game
- As part of a hardworking team, you will collaborate to shape the design to make it as good as it can be
- You provide clear, inclusive communications with the team about the design and invite collaboration wherever possible
- Keen interest in the current market and what players want. Observing / analysing user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve or fix design features during the life of the product as a service
- Understand the impact on key KPI’s; work closely with the team to get them smoothly into content releases that drive value to the player
Required Experience & Skills
- Experienced: An experienced game designer with a deep understanding of the core areas of design: process, documentation, prototyping and validation
- Great Teammate: Understand that we can only build outstanding games as a team
- Market Knowledge: Deep understanding of the mobile markets, including key design trends and opportunities that will shape the future
- Gaming Passion: A love of gaming and its myriad communities. You speak with assuredness about what make games special and where opportunities exist to deliver unique player experiences
Desirable Experience & Skills
- A love of Star Wars
- Shipped a successful game and have hands-on experience developing game mechanics and social features
- A knowledge of game metrics and how they inform design
- Knowledge of game economies and meta systems
- Experience of prototyping fun gameplay and turning it into full designs
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Brighton, UK, London, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition ID: P208259
Select Your Country of Residence