AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Experience Designer
Careers Category: UI / UX Design
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110092
Zynga Poker is the most popular mobile poker game in the world! We pride ourselves as the home for authentic gameplay and a friendly poker community. As a creative team we strive to produce best-in-class art and design, while creating new and engaging experiences that touch millions of players.
Our team is looking for a Senior Experience Designer who can help in the creation of UX wireframes, flows, prototypes, and final UI art for Zynga Poker. You will work directly with the Art Director to establish and maintain the design direction, visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game. This Experience Designer will create UX wireframes, flows, and prototypes for new features within Zynga Poker. You will also create luxurious and desirable final in-game UI and placeholder artwork that evokes the feeling of a high class casino experience. We are looking for someone who is motivated to learn all facets of the game development process. Knowledge of the Unity game engine is a big plus!
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to ideate, define, and develop features that yield world-class experiences for our players
- Synthesize the needs of players and all game disciplines to find solutions that work for all
- Create user flows, interface wireframes, prototypes, and design documentation
- Employ the classic design process of defining problems, researching, analyzing, designing, and validating results
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for pre-visualization during pre-production
- Create UI art and visual design for user interfaces
- Develop mood boards and help guide the visuals of features and cadenced artwork
- Collaborate with the art team to define and stick to a thematic art style
- Design (and create) functional animation/prototypes for user interaction
- Prepare assets for implementation in the game engine
- Partner with technical artists to implement user interface game assets in the game engine
- Portfolio with relevant industry/personal work
- Excellent eye for composition, color theory, design
- A strong foundation in classic graphic design principles
- Strong rendering skills, and ability to adapt to different art styles
- Ability to quickly identify problems and suggest solutions in pitches, art reviews and impromptu conversations
- Quick accurate wireframing skills for UX flows and prototypes
- A capacity to come up with new and creative ideas in your work
- Very proficient with standard creative software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Very proficient with UI layout, design, and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- General knowledge of the Unity game engine and the ability to integrate basic art into Unity a plus
- Additional skills
- Knowledge of Casino and Poker related games
- Concept Art experience
- High-quality logo and icon creation
- Storyboarding experience
- Knowledge of Maya or 3D software a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $135,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence