AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Experience Designer – Harry Potter
We are seeking a Senior Experience Designer to join our game Harry Potter: Puzzles and Spells.
The Senior User Experience Designer gives to the team by developing the XD vision of a product(s) and carrying out that vision. This role leads the effort in innovative and pioneering design to create user-centered solutions that promote ease of use, employ best-in-class game/interaction design, and optimize the user experience universally in response to user testing.
As this group consists of small teams, we’re looking for someone who enjoys being a driven self-starter, and wearing many hats. The responsibilities range from running other UX/UI staff and leading all phases of the design process, including conceptual design/development, graphic and interface design, interaction models, prototypes, user/task flows, and implementation in the game engine.
You will work closely with team collaborators to establish and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game and collaborate with Product Management, Game Design, Production and Engineering for the execution of the design.
- All applicants must provide a portfolio of work in order to be considered for the role
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to conceptualize, define, and develop features that yield outstanding experiences for our players
- Synthesize the needs of players and all game departments to find solutions that work for all.
- Create user flows, interface wireframes, layouts, prototypes, and design documentation.
- Employ the classic design process of defining problems, researching, analyzing, designing, and validating results.
- Create UI art and visual design for user interfaces as well as high-fidelity mock-ups for pre-visualization during pre-production
- Develop mood boards and help guide the visual design of features
- Collaborate with the art team to define/enforce to a thematic art style
- Design (and create) functional animation for user interactions
Research & Testing
- Participate in the planning and moderating of user testing
- Conduct market competitor research and deconstructs
- Participate in researching consumer insight, developing personas, and analyzing data
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of internal & external products
Technical UI Development
- Prepare assets for implementation in the Unity game engine
- Create and set up new prefabs in Unity
- No scripting is required but is a bonus
- Partner with technical artists and engineers to implement user interface game assets in the game engine
- Be responsible for the task management and career development of other UI/UX staff
- Set examples, guides, and standard methodologies in UI/UX for others in your game team and be able to present them to collaborators and leadership
- Participate in company-wide UI/UX community events, critiques, product reviews, and feature retrospectives
- Be responsible for the UI/UX of all features on a specific game team
- Collaborate with UI/UX staff from other game teams to share findings and develop standard methodologies across the organization
- Mentor other UI/UX individual contributors
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced setting. Rapidly develop new skills and behaviors in response to changing circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work efficiently, handle time effectively, and complete your work with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrates proactive self-development with an interest in leveling up personal, interpersonal, and craft skills
- Be organized, demonstrate good digital hygiene, and adhere to established naming conventions and organizational methodologies.
- Find opportunities to mentor, and share your knowledge, insight, and experiences with others.
- Able to present sophisticated ideas to diverse audiences and articulate a convincing point of view
- Highly proficient in written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to co-work and connect with multiple studio locations, teams, and partners
- Able to collaborate with proactive communication and a willingness to build consensus with potentially opposing perspectives.
- Guide in the application of fundamental UX Design Principles
- Seasoned authority on the UX Design process: Defining usability challenges, researching the problem space, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, designing appropriate solutions, and validating ideas through testing.
- Experienced guide in designing for games vs. task completion, specifically supporting fun and engagement
- A high degree of competence in assessing and addressing product usability and applying user psychology
- An accomplished guide with prototyping design software (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools) and the prototype development process
- Mastery of classic graphic design principles
- An accomplished guide in user interface layout design, hierarchy, color theory, and information architecture
- An experienced guide in establishing, implementing, and refining existing visual styles as well as developing new ones.
- Can consistently produce high-quality visual assets for user interfaces
- Highly skilled with standard creative software such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- An accomplished guide with UI layout & design tools (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Familiarity with collaborative virtual environments (Miro, FigJam)
- Highly competent in designing and authoring functional UI animation
Technical UI Development
- An expert veteran in traditional game development methods, principles, and processes
- An accomplished guide in creating user interfaces for game engines (like Unity or Unreal)
- Highly engaged and experienced in collaborating and partnering with technical team members such as Tech Art and Engineering
- An expert veteran that fully understands the limitations and standard methodologies of developing games for mobile devices
Level of Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the game development industry specializing in UX, ideally having worked on 3+ different game titles, ideally on mobile
- The ability to Implement UI in Unity Engine is a must
- Figma, Sketch, or other UI design tools
- Unreal Engine or similar game engines are a bonus
- Axure, Framer, ProtoPie or other interactive prototyping packages are a bonus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90, 000 and $136, 000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212389
Select Your Country of Residence