AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Executive Producer – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Senior Executive Producer (Senior EP) to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will oversee production and execution throughout development, launch and live operation.You will be a highly experienced leader with a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others. You will be adept at using a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model and mentor for the Production team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish the vision for the Production function to ensure clarity of purpose and success criteria
- Contribute to KPI development and execute on delivery in collaboration with the Hunters GM and Director of Product
- Partner with the GM to establish and maintain long term business strategy
- Establish processes and controls to manage cost, quality, and schedule across the entire game or other significant body of work
- Assess and improve team productivity, developing, maintaining and executing plans for continuous improvement. Develop processes that reliably provide transparency and effective risk mitigation
- Working with the GM, manage and optimize costs to maintain target contribution margin for the franchise. Collaborate with the VP of Operations and Finance to create accurate forecasts and tracking mechanisms
- Partner with GM on BossAlien culture and leadership, the development and coaching of talent, and team-health
- As needed communicate operational plans, progress, risks and issues at all levels of the company, adapting communication style to suit each audience
Required Skills & Experience
- Mobile and/or free-to-play games industry knowledge and experience
- Broad and deep knowledge of Production / Project Management gained in a fast-paced complex software development environment
- Extensive experience of managing medium to large sized teams (50+ people)
- A passion for people and process – a deep-rooted desire to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of software development
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence and challenge a variety of stakeholders
- A well-rounded manager with proven ability to lead, inspire and support passionate teams within an Agile, “Servant Leader” context
- Adept at facilitating teams to arrive at creative solutions to complex problems
- Authentic interpersonal style with confident conflict resolution skills
- Solid understanding of the disciplines that create games: Production; Programming, Art; Design; Product Management; Data Science; Marketing; CS; Social
- Be able to adapt quickly, become effective in new situations, in a highly dynamic environment
- Able to plan and manage complex, multi-year projects as well as the operation and support of a live game service.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Understanding of product management and free-to-play audience acquisition, retention and monetisation
- A leader in the project management / production community and industry at large
- Formal project management certification in Agile, Scrum or equivalent frameworks
- Experience managing external vendors and multi-site development
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Production
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time