AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Engineering Manager – Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a studio leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
About the position
The Engineering Manager will be a founding member of the Austin, TX studio, working closely with their counterparts both locally and in Brighton to build the next blockbuster mobile franchise, and setting the studio up for sustainable delivery and future growth.
We are looking for a proven craft leader, able to flex between driving daily development, setting technical vision and strategy, and supporting the growth of a world-class team. The ideal candidate brings a deep passion for the people they support and healthy systems which set them up for success. It’s also crucial that our engineering leadership not only share but exemplify our values of determination, trust, excellence, and celebrating the diversity of people and ideas.
This role will report into BossAlien’s Director of Engineering in the UK. As a core member of the Austin leadership team, the Engineering Manager will have significant autonomy and a high level of impact on the studio’s engineering culture, and play a crucial part in building the studio’s team.
In this role, you will:
- Hire, lead, mentor and manage an organization of up to 10 engineers initially, scaling over time as we grow our presence in Austin.
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers.
- Build an engineering culture at BossAlien Austin you – and we – can be proud of.
- Partner with our Technical Director to steer development of the studio’s engineering work, with an understanding and appreciation of why scaling a real-time cross-platform multiplayer game is difficult.
- Bring your experience shipping games, leading development teams and navigating technical challenges to support and coach your team, make impactful decisions and maintain a strong connection to the product you are building.
- Lean on your history as a strong individual contributor in at least one technical domain, but be able to work with engineers in any domain, even if not an expert, and provide useful guidance and feedback.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and create processes and initiatives that level up our engineers and our game.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time