AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior DevOps Engineer – Poker
Zynga Poker is looking for a DevOps engineer in North America, who has experience with, or an interest in, being a part of a team supporting a large-scale live game.
We need a self-driven and motivated engineer who is a strong communicator, works well as a team player, thinks clearly under pressure, and can assist with both building and maintaining back-end infrastructure. The candidate, who would be proficient in core back-end technology stacks, will have an opportunity to work on one or more high-profile titles, with a general focus on monitoring & maintaining infrastructure, while also solving interesting and complex challenges, as new infrastructure is deployed and scaled.
- Back-end DevOps Engineer (monitoring, implementing infrastructure and scripting)
- Maintain Back-end Infrastructure (including deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, optimizing and upgrade of Poker game infrastructure)
- Individual Contributor working on one or more titles under a single Engineering Manager
- Define, architect, and develop back-end solutions within AWS for Poker game
- Maintain and develop Terraform & Packer scripts, as well as Forge/Jenkins nodes for deployment
- Develop, innovate, and integrate new technologies & tools
- Load-test and optimize Poker game infrastructure
- Build, update and maintain dashboards to monitor and respond to Poker game critical KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Provide escalation, pager duty support and infrastructure monitoring
Required Skilled and Experience
- High-level proficiency and experience in Shell Scripting within a production environment.
- Expert working knowledge and experience in a high-volume production environment with both EC2 and EKS.
- 5+ years of Live Operations experience working with AWS within a production environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education / work experience
- 5+ Years industry experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Expert working knowledge of Docker and AWS at scale: EKS, RDS (SQL, Postgres), ElastiCache (Redis).
- Good working knowledge of Terraform and Jenkins/Forge
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software methodologies
- Self-motivated, self-directed, with proven experience researching, developing, and optimizing back-end infrastructures
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with Couchbase or some similar NoSQL persistent datastore
- Working-level knowledge of C#
- Infrastructure experience with games
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Los Angeles, CA, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P211858
Select Your Country of Residence