AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Data Scientist (Full Stack)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games, played by tens of millions of people around the world each day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Merge Dragons!, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots, Toy and Toon Blast, and CSR Racing.
The Marketing ML team is a group of full-stack data scientists charged with building core products for the measurement, optimization, and automation of marketing functions across this vast portfolio. These products are vital to Zynga’s marketing success, informing all facets from operational and executive decision-making.
As a full-stack data scientist, you will use your expertise across machine learning, software engineering, and business analytics to build end-to-end solutions that scale across our broad portfolio, embody CI/CD standard processes for continuous operations/improvements, and provide prescriptive actions to some of the most exciting problems in the marketing space. You will be entrusted with key initiatives and given a fair amount of autonomy, so it is critical that you bring technical excellence, a mind for architecture, and a mature sense for timelines to this role.
- Use our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), Databricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to develop innovative tools
- Apply statistical methodologies to evaluate performance and account for uncertainties in major initiatives
- Implement groundbreaking machine-learning pipeline technologies to scale and propel the marketing analytics function
- Providing inventive thought leadership in the architecture of our pipelines
- Design and develop in a CI/CD environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- A strong statistical background building sophisticated models that can reasonably describe actual underlying data generation processes. Experience with Bayesian modeling preferred
- Experience exploring and implementing innovative ML/AI methods and the ability to apply that knowledge broadly across our various data pipelines to improve efficacy and efficiency
- Experience crafting large-scale ML pipelines using technologies such as AWS tools, Databricks, and Airflow. Proficiency in SQL and Python is needed
- Full-stack knowledge, especially around software-engineering principles such as modularity, automated testing, and documentation
- Strong mentorship skills
- 4+ years of work experience in data science, machine learning or analytics roles
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for all full time employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work alongside driven individuals towards a common goal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $133,000 – $148,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX, Remote, US
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P211576
Select Your Country of Residence