AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Data Engineer
We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga’s mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline – from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. As a Principal Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and development of quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of our games.
Your responsibilities will include
- Build and own a multi PB-scale data platform.
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/enhancements to systems and data pipelines (ETLs) while adhering to the SLA.
- Follow engineering best methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, scalability, and measurability.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders, taking on learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team to level them up.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 4+ years of strong data engineering design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed data platforms/products.
- Advanced coding expertise in SQL & Python/JVM-based language.
- Expert in heterogeneous data storage systems (relational, NoSQL, in-memory, etc).
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, lineage, access, and its governance.
- Excellent skills in AWS services like Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, EKS/ECS, etc.
- Wide exposure to open source software, frameworks, and broader cutting edge technologies (Airflow, Spark, Druid, etc).
- Familiar with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, Chef)
- Consistent proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Select Your Country of Residence