AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Data Analyst
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular games that are played by people around the world every single day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games including Empires & Puzzles, Toon Blast, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
The big part of the success of all of Zynga’s games is insightful and innovative ways of using data. Zynga’s Data Science and Analytics team uses the latest analytics technologies across our expansive data to deliver fundamental insights on who our audience is, how they engage with our games, and what are the best ways to personalize their in-game experience. We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them.
We are looking for someone with a passion for analytics and data science and the ability to impact game performance through customer-centric, data-driven initiatives. This role will work side-by-side with the Small Giant Games (SGG) analytics team to identify, and act on, opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and to improve the player experience for our customers. Furthermore, the role entails close coordination with the wider Zynga’s analytics team to provide novel opportunities based on shared insights as well as an introduction to new analytics methods. This role reports to the lead of Zynga’s Global Analytics, a function that focuses on facilitating analytics efforts across the wider Zynga portfolio (Small Giant Games, Peak Games, Gram Games, NaturalMotion, Rollic, and Zynga).
This is a great opportunity for an analytics expert looking to build end-to-end data solutions to generate impactful insights and work on exciting, large scale projects. Furthermore, you’ll have a chance to tackle a variety of projects ranging from creating intuitive dashboards to owning advanced data science solutions, as well as becoming a thought leader in analytics to facilitate coordination of global initiatives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the SGG analytics team with a focus on generating actionable insights and end-to-end data solutions that have a measurable impact on the core KPIs.
- Proactively monitor the performance of the game and new features, producing insightful analysis and data visualizations.
- Engage with the SGG leadership to influence and analytically validate product assumptions and game features.
- Build and maintain relationships with product management, design, marketing, and advertising teams to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with engineers to drive key strategic initiatives for the improvement of the data and analytics infrastructure.
- Proactively bring forth new analytical approaches and data science solutions to the SGG analytics leveraging the broader Zynga Analytics community.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant work experience in data science or analytics roles
- Strong experience in SQL and Python
- Skilled in at least one visualization tool, such as Tableau
- Proven experience with the following: statistics, experimental design, data mining, predictive modeling
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably with Spark, and deploying production-ready systems at scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Comfortable working in different work environments and cultures with ease
- Able to coordinate complex initiatives with different stakeholders
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Masters degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- Consulting experience i
- Familiarity with DataBricks and AWS
- Passion for gaming
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Helsinki, Finland
Careers Type: Full-Time