AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Concept Artist
Zynga is looking for a talented Senior Concept Artist to join an exciting new mobile game team. You will work closely with the Art Director and the design team to create visionary concepts that will drive the content of the game, giving players exciting things to collect and stunning results on their screens.
This is a city-building game in which there will be a wide variety of numerous storefronts, residences, attractions, high-rises, and elaborate monuments. A passion for researching and constructing virtual architecture is a must. It will also be crucial, however, to execute these concepts according to the game’s art style, which will take some liberties with scale and detail. This effort will require flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to explore many different possibilities.
The Concept Artist will work with the Art Director and design team, creating art assets that drive the visual identity of the game. This Concept Artist will also create final in-game artwork, placeholder artwork, and provide art feedback to the outsource team. The Concept Artist will create whimsical and stylized art that is similar to what we might see in video games, animation films, toys etc.
The concept artist needs to possess a combination of strong traditional art fundamentals with excellent design skills. That will help define high quality game aesthetics to the players.
- 3+ years of concept experience.
- Quick sketching ability.
- Quick visualization ability from written descriptions or discussed ideas
- Excellent painting and rendering skills
- Ability to create a variety of styles for use in-game and marketing purposes
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues or solutions
- Excellent design skills, including the effective use of color, form, lighting, composition, anatomy, and appeal aesthetics
- Proficient in architecture, character, prop design, and background designs
- Excellent Photoshop skills and other concept art tools
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director
- Comfortable giving and receiving critiques
- A strong concept art portfolio
- 3D knowledge proficiency
- Experience providing feedback to outsourced vendor artists is a plus
- A passion for games and virtual worlds
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Eugene, OR
Careers Type: Full-Time