AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Concept Artist
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110545
Zynga is searching for a world-class Senior Concept Artist to add their talent to a team of game enthusiasts! As an Artist, you are capable of creating high-quality assets quickly and effectively. You have a passion for art, and inspire other artists with both your talent and enthusiasm.
- Build top-of-the-line game artwork at all stages of the pipeline, including early concept art (Characters, environments & UI), and final game artwork and UI assets
- Working closely with artwork from third-party vendors, providing feedback and training when needed
- Communicating closely with the Art Director and working in tandem with them daily
Acting as a core advisor to the overall creative vision of the game, alongside other creative field leads on the team
- Actively analyze other top-performing, innovative games and genres in the marketplace to identify and understand trends and behaviors with other developers and audiences and then apply that insight to our product development.
- Create designs that consider and maximize the effectiveness of typography, icons, grid, and color systems to layout screens for best results. Apply principles of Visual and Graphic Design (contrast, alignment, repetition, and proximity) to increase ease of use.
- Approach deliverables, for example, UI Kits, with a systems-oriented mindset that is organized, easy to use by all, and extensible for the future.
- Clear and smooth communication across to the other fields (Engineering, Production, etc.) to keep the team in alignment
- Maintaining and Contributing to a healthy and happy team environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience as a concept & UI artist — please include your portfolio with relevant industry/personal work.
- Excellent eye for composition, color theory, design
- Strong rendering skills, and ability to adapt to different art styles & UI design experience
- Photoreal and Hyperreal painting and rendering skills highly valued for this role
- Flexible mastery of art for different subject matter (Characters, Environments, Props, UI) highly valued for this role
- Strong ability to render identifiable human likenesses (ie brand-specific actors and characters)
- Ability to visualize ideas from others quickly and clearly during conceptual phases in storyboards/mockups
- Ability to quickly identify problems and suggest solutions in pitches, art reviews and impromptu conversations
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to keep pace with management and production resources, tracking and documentation
- Ability to create and maintain effective process documentation
- A capacity to come up with unique and creative ideas in your work
- BFA or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Previous experience working with IP/likenesses
- Previous experience working in Fantasy genres, a plus
- 3D texture painting
- Graphic design knowledge
- Interest in puzzle genre of mobile gam
- Interest in Racing games and mobile games
- The ability to integrate basic art into Unity, a plus
- Knowledge of Maya, a plus
- Understanding of animation principles and aesthetics of Mobile Games, a plus
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 20 days annual leave + company holidays
- Extended medical coverage that includes OPD, dental, vision and telehealth
- Group Life, Disability and Critical Illness insurance
- Equitable Childcare facilities for all employees
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning and nurturing support programs
- Comprehensive leave options and flexible working hours to ensure work life balance.
- Keep your health on track with our wellbeing programs covering fitness expenses and complimentary meals served around the clock
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Around the year employee events and casual dress every single day
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers to work with and, impact millions of daily players
- Re-engage with your special interest by being a part of our employee resource groups that connect Zyngites through inclusivity, culture, lifestyle and fun
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence