AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Concept Artist
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist who wants to play a fundamental role in the creation of digitally painted artwork for a new mobile game title, centered around a major, mainstream Brand IP.
Come join our outstanding team of industry veteran artists and creators as we embark on the creation of a huge and exciting new game. Our concept artists build all of the fundamental visuals that define our game. Everything, including Character, Props, Environments, UI, and Textures for 3D assets, are lovingly painted and realized by our exceptionally skilled concept art team.
- Vast and detailed visual development of various art assets — ranging from quick sketches and proof-of-concept storyboards to final art that will be used in the game.
- Digital Painting of characters, environments, props and etc needed for game from major brand franchise.
- Build art assets that compliment a 3D workflow, and work closely with 3D artists
- Build art compositions for splash pages, banners, game store, and marketing – when needed.
- Communicating closely with the Lead Artist and Art Director and across to the other teams
- Encourage and share knowledge with more junior team members
- Take strong ownership of visual content for various features and parts of game development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- All applicants must include a portfolio of their work to be considered for the role
- 5 years of experience as a concept artist — please include your portfolio with relevant industry/personal work.
- Ability to work flexibly and maintain consistent quality between Characters, Environments, and other subject matter.
- Ability to paint expertly in a photorealistic or stylized-realism style.
- Ability to visualize original designs based on established style guides (ie – costumes, architecture, etc)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership of one's own work and projects.
- Excellent eye for composition, color theory, design
- Strong rendering skills, and ability to adapt to different art styles
- Ability to quickly identify problems and suggest solutions in pitches, art reviews and impromptu conversations
- Ability to mentor artists when called upon
- Quick accurate sketching skills for storyboards/proof-of-concept pitches
- A capacity to come up with outstanding and creative ideas in your work
- BFA or equivalent degree
- UI design experience
- Experience working with/providing feedback to Outsource Vendors a plus
- Previous experience working with IP/likenesses
- 3D texture painting
- Passion for Fantasy games and genre
- The ability to integrate basic art into Unity a plus
- Knowledge of Maya and/or Unity a plus
- Understanding of principles and aesthetics of Mobile Games and Fantasy Genre Games a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212217
Select Your Country of Residence