AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Concept Artist – Business Unit
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist who can help drive the creation of new concepts on a new and upcoming game, as well as support the production team with any concept art needs.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Artist and Design Director to bring ideas to life in 2D
- Vast and precise visual 2D development of environmental and character art assets — ranging from quick sketches and proof-of-concept storyboards to final art that will be used in the game and by other artists to further develop their work
- Rapidly and effectively generate multiple rough thumbnail concept sketches to visualize a wide range of variant ideas and solve visual design problems
- Quickly iterate on concepts and give design variations
- Working closely with outsource vendors and providing feedback to them
- Encourage and share knowledge with more junior team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience as a concept artist — please include your portfolio with relevant industry/personal work
- Experience working closely and effectively with outsource vendors
- Excellent eye for composition, color theory, design
- Strong rendering skills, and ability to adapt to different art styles
- Ability to quickly identify problems and suggest solutions in pitches, art reviews and impromptu conversations
- Ability to bring a multitude of original creative ideas to the table and to articulate them visually
- Ability to follow and or guide an existing or evolving art style
- Ability to mentor artists when called upon
- An understanding of how light interacts with objects, materials, and environmental elements. The ability to use light as a tool to communicate both form and mood.
- Quick accurate sketching skills for storyboards/proof-of-concept pitches
- A capacity to come up with unique and creative ideas in your work
- Must know how to simplify and stylize characters and likenesses so that they can
- Previous experience working with IP/likenesses
- Previous experience creating concepts for mobile title
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite
Nice to Have Skills
- UI design experience
- High-quality logo creation
- Storyboarding experience
- 3D texture painting
- Passion for battle royale genre of games
- The ability to integrate basic 2D art into Unity
- Knowledge of Maya
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90, 000 and $136, 000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212555
Select Your Country of Residence