AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Animator – Wizard of Oz Slots
Zynga Austin is looking for a skilled Senior Animator to join the team that brings to life one of the most beloved franchises, Wizard of Oz Slots! We make the world’s most beautiful slots and do so in a fast-moving, supportive, and energetic environment. Our team consists of industry veterans from the casino and video game industry, giving us great depth and adaptability.
The Senior Animator will be working with a team of designers, concept artists, animators, technical artists and software engineers to develop amazing animation and special effects in the Cocos Engine. Their duties consist primarily of 2D animation, specifically symbols, logos, UI, environments, vfx and character animations. Other duties include packing texture sheets, creating and animating particle systems, implementing animations into our game engine and art asset optimization.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience working in a video games, is able to quickly adapt to changes in the pipeline and rises to be an essential part of defining those changes for the future. As a senior within their peers the Sr. Animator strikes a balance between operating very independently with their own tasks, masterfully collaborating with others to solve larger problems and striving to be a role model and mentor to other artists
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Must be driven to improve planning and execution of animation and have high level of engagement with product and team goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way.
- Design sensibility, including the effective use of color, form, lighting and composition
- Expert demonstration of core animation principles, especially a strong grasp in timing, eases and squash/stretch.
- Strong Photoshop skills such as compositing, touch ups, tiling, proper use of layer styles and creative art save out for animation.
- Excellent problem-solving methodology
- 5+ years experience in games development
- A passion for video games
- An appreciation for Casino games, especially video slots
- An insatiable thirst for creating quality content
- Experience creating content for off-the shelf game engines like Unity3D, Unreal, etc.
- Proficiency with other animation software, such as After Effects, Flash or Spine
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P209754
Select Your Country of Residence