AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Animator – Star Wars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our animation team, you will have the opportunity to create amazing, diverse and unique animations working from initial prototypes to a final launched product. Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games. Ensure that animations accurately portray the Star Wars brand. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners, and are a highly motivated team. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with modellers and concept artists to craft amazing characters.
As an Animator you will be working closely with the rest of the team to create high-quality character animations. You will be responsible for creating consistent levels of work and ensuring that each animation has the right energy and personality, as intended by the project vision.
- Good knowledge in hand keyed and motion captured animation.
- Knowledge in game engine implementation.
- Understand core principles of animation such as ‘timing’ and ‘weight’.
- Good understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy.
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art and culture.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to create excellent game animations and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation creation in different styles.
- Genuine passion for games and animation as well as strong self-management skills.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and producers to ensure consistent product vision.
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Participate in reviews; respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working as a 3D animator in games.
- Strong proficiency with Maya.
- Experience in cleaning up motion capture data.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprint system.
- Working with external teams.
- a real passion for Games.
- A love of the Star Wars brand.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time