AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Animator
Zynga is seeking an experienced Senior Art Animator to join a dynamic team of one of Zynga’s most established and long-running games. We are looking for driven individuals to contribute to the growth and development of our product in a highly-collaborative environment. This team will stay small enough to be nimble, so the ideal candidate must be able to work with talented contributors from different disciplines and bring a unique perspective to the table. Applicants must have a strong understanding of animation principles and be able to use a range of techniques to drive high quality visuals with a limited toolset.
- Produce high quality animation for slots symbols, text graphics, UI elements, vfx, environmental animations, and characters.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of how animation supports game mechanics with the ability to communicate these links to the team.
- Assist in the preparation of assets for animation using Photoshop.
- Track the animation assets through the various stages of development and outsourcing to ensure the animation assets retain the highest possible integrity.
- Effectively communicate with team members of varying disciplines including game designers and engineers.
- Demonstrate strong planning and time management to deliver animation to required quality, specification, and time.
- The animator is required to work within memory and texture requirements and have the ability to optimize.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years industry experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong eye for timing, puppet animation, minimal subtle character animation, parallaxing environment animation, text and UI animations, and visual effects.
- Strong 2d animations using packages such as After effects, Spine, Unity, Cocos or comparable programs.
- Ability to communicate individual animation principles clearly and plan out complex animation scenes through storyboards.
- Strong problem-solving methodology.
- Ability to iterate quickly and generate exciting creative ideas.
- Experience with Unity/Cocos a plus.
- Experience with a game engine, mobile games experience a plus.
- Slots experience a huge plus.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time