AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Accountant
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga
In 2018, 2019, & 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will work in a busy Accounting function covering a rapidly expanding set of regional studios. General duties will focus on assisting with transactional, statutory, and project based work. You will operate as part of the EMEA corporate accounting team, and work with studio based accounting teams to assist and review their central reporting. Expect your time to be split across multiple entities, and a broad base of tasks, from transactional accounting to tax submissions and control implementation.
Reporting to a Finance Manager, you will work with all members of the finance team as well as games team staff in:
- Perform and ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and month-end closing activities including journal entries, adjustments, accruals, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Compilation, preparation, and submission of quarterly VAT returns for the UK
- Financial statement and tax return preparation across multiple EMEA entities including the UK
- Driving projects around acquisition integration and other ad hoc finance initiatives around processes/tools
- Provide assistance with annual statutory audit and annual group reporting cycle
- Review of weekly payment cycles
- Assist cross functional teams such as HR, Legal, Network Operations, and Studios on joint initiatives
- Assist on ad hoc financial analysis where needed
- Ensure compliance with all applicable finance policies, rules, regulation and laws
- ACCA/ACA newly qualified, or 3+ years’ experience in industry
- General practice experience across in particular VAT, journal entry, management reporting, and statutory reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals within and without the business, at all levels
- Ability to initiate communication, effectively follow through and provide status updates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload
- An appreciation of systems and processes, understanding their aim and content, and ability to effectively communicate this to the business
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Legal, Finance & Operations
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time