AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Accountant – Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
We are looking for a Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting Senior Accountant to join our team in San Francisco.
- Manage preparation and coordination of monthly/quarterly internal reporting packages
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures for 10-Qs and 10-K
- Participate in quarterly earnings process, including preparation/review of earnings materials
- Manage quarterly lease accounting processes and controls
- Regularly interface with members of Accounting, Legal, Investor Relations, FP&A and external auditors to address various accounting and/or external reporting matters
- Evaluate business transactions for proper U.S. GAAP accounting treatment, including accounting and disclosure recommendations
- Prepare thoroughly researched technical memorandums for significant and/or non-routine transactions
- Evaluate the impact of new accounting standards, support implementation efforts and provide on-going technical accounting training to the Finance organization
- Assisting with financial due diligence and integration of M&A transactions as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex U.S. GAAP accounting matters with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues
- Experience working with systems and data
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with extensive experience managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements and footnotes for a publicly-traded company
- Experience with M&A transactions
- Experience with lease accounting
- Strong project-managements skills
- Confident self-starter who is flexible and embraces change
- Strong at execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers Category: Legal, Finance & Operations
Careers location: Bay Area, CA
Requisition ID: P209694
Select Your Country of Residence