AVAILABLE POSITIONS Security Engineer
Zynga is currently seeking a Security Engineer to focus on today’s evolving cybersecurity threats. This individual will report into the Security Architecture and Engineering team, and will contribute to major enterprise cybersecurity initiatives affecting Zynga’s information systems network infrastructure. The right candidate will possess strong hands-on technical skills in the area of enterprise infrastructure security, and will be comfortable operating in fast-paced, startup-like environment.
This position can be located in either the Chicago or Toronto metropolitan areas.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of technical Cybersecurity programs, including Next-Gen Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, NAC, CASB, and DLP.
- Assist with the development and execution of Zynga’s Information Security Strategy, focusing on identifying protection goals, objectives, and metrics appropriate to Zynga’s corporate culture and threat landscape.
- Assist with Proof of Concept projects to evaluate and select new Cybersecurity solutions.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations in current programs and processes to remediate risks.
- Assist with documentation of standard operating procedures for Zynga Cybersecurity solutions.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years experience in information technology with a minimum of 1 year in Information Security.
- Solid understanding of common network and routing protocols and how they interact to provide network communications.
- Security Engineering and/or SysAdmin experience managing, analyzing, and securing systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Awareness of best practices, information security risk management, and industry trends.
- Solid team player, collaborating well with others to solve problems in a team-focused dynamic.
- Passion for continued professional development and ongoing learning.
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Recommended skills, experience and certifications
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Palo Alto, Forescout, Crowdstrike, Splunk, CASB, DLP.
- Professional information security related certifications (such as Security+, GIAC GSEC, CCNA).
- Previous experience in an infrastructure-focused Security role.
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup-like environment.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time