AVAILABLE POSITIONS Security Engineer
Zynga is currently seeking a Security Engineer to focus on today’s evolving cybersecurity threats. This role will be a part of the Security Architecture and Engineering team, and will contribute to major enterprise cybersecurity initiatives affecting Zynga’s information systems network infrastructure. You will be perfect if you possess strong hands-on technical skills in the area of enterprise infrastructure security, and will be comfortable operating in a dynamic, startup-like environment.
This position can be located in either the Chicago or Toronto metropolitan areas.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of technical Cybersecurity programs, including Next-Gen Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, NAC, CASB, and DLP.
- Assist with the development and execution of Zynga’s Information Security Strategy, focusing on identifying protection goals, objectives, and metrics appropriate to Zynga’s corporate culture and threat landscape.
- Assist with Proof of Concept projects to evaluate and select new Cybersecurity solutions.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations in current programs and processes to remediate risks.
- Assist with documentation of standard operating procedures for Zynga Cybersecurity solutions.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years experience in information technology with a minimum of 1 year in Information Security.
- Deep understanding of common network and routing protocols and how they interact to provide network communications.
- Security Engineering and/or SysAdmin experience managing, analyzing, and securing systems.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Awareness of industry best practices, information security risk management, and trends.
- Phenomenal teammate, collaborating well with others to tackle problems in a team-focused dynamic.
- Real passion for continued professional development and ongoing learning.
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Recommended skills, experience and certifications
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Palo Alto, Forescout, Crowdstrike, Splunk, CASB, DLP.
- Professional information security related certifications (such as Security+, GIAC GSEC, CCNA).
- Previous experience in an infrastructure-focused Security role.
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup-like environment.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency childcare support
- Active Employee Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time