AVAILABLE POSITIONS Security Analyst
Zynga is currently seeking a Security Analyst (Incident Response) to focus on today’s evolving cyber security threats. This candidate will report directly to the Security Operations team and be a member of our Cybersecurity team, resident under Zynga’s CTO organization. This candidate will be responsible for conducting comprehensive incident response functions throughout Zynga’s enterprise and cloud environment, including real-time proactive security monitoring and reporting on various security systems. The candidate will possess strong technical skills and have current experience supporting the Incident Response function in the areas of detection, containment, eradication, and remediation operations.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities in both enterprise and cloud environments
- Identify, investigate and resolve security issues and risks associated with security events
- Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to appropriate internal teams for additional assistance
- Work with stakeholders to resolve security incidents and vulnerability compliance
- Demonstrate excellent judgment trending, alerting and escalating events between analysts and Tier 2 and/or security engineers
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of malicious code and suspicious network traffic to identify functionality, intent and assist in the generation of custom detection/prevention measures
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations in current programs and processes to remediate risks
- Work with security intelligence feeds from industry/peers to continuously identify new and improved indicators of compromise detection signatures for monitoring and detections technologies
- Participates in the development of document process workflows to support team procedures/processes
- Play an active role supporting continuous process improvement
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 2 years of prior related cybersecurity experience
- Experience with cloud technologies and deployments
- Understanding of incident response processes and artifact collection for forensic investigation purposes in both cloud and enterprise environment
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security)
- Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks, threat and vulnerability management
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup environment
- Travel: No routine travel required
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, retirement matching and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Active Employee Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
If you need an accommodation during the interview process please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time