AVAILABLE POSITIONS Rotational Software Engineer – Graduate Program
Start Date: 5th August 2021
To Apply: You must graduate between Dec 2020 and July 2021
Making a game requires passion, innovation, and creativity. At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We take pride in making products that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, 2019 & 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We want to take extraordinary new graduates and help them become excellent Software Engineers, who will be responsible for creating the games of tomorrow. You will be placed on a Rotational Software Engineering program, completing two rotations at our London/Brighton studios.
About Our Program
You will be paired with senior Software Engineering mentors during your time in the Rotational Software Engineer (RSE) program. We will provide full access to training/workshops by our engineering leaders.
You will work alongside our smartest and most creative minds to bring engaging game experiences to life. Whether it’s working on server-side microservices at scale or building amazing in-game features, you’ll learn the fundamentals of game development, be part of a professional team shipping software and level up your craft with engineering patterns, testing strategies and architectural decision-making.
You will deliver work as part of a development team, collaborating with other engineers and other disciplines daily (design, product, art, audio and plenty more). We expect you to play the game regularly, and your voice is important in providing feedback for future development.
We Are Looking For
- Completing undergraduate degree between December 2020 and July 2021
- Prefer those studying the following courses, though other relevant courses will certainly be taken into consideration
- Computer Science with programming specialisation
- Games Development with programming specialisation
- An understanding of game client or server application development
- Knowledge of software design patterns and general CPU architectures
- Ability to collaborate with others, including people from outside engineering
- A dash of creativity – you are able to work in an industry both technical and creative
Previous experience building games is welcome but is not required. Our RSE program is designed to introduce you to the game development industry – bring your interest and motivation, and we will do the rest.
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter. Your covering letter should explain why you would like to do the RSE ZXP programme with NaturalMotion.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata), plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Internships, Accelerators & New Grads
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time