AVAILABLE POSITIONS Release Manager – DevOps
Compliance & Release Manager
The Compliance & Release Manager will be responsible for the Mobile Submit and Compliance teams at Zynga. These are global teams that operate in San Francisco, Toronto, London, and Bangalore. Together, these groups are responsible for the delivery of game releases to all supported platform stores (iOS, GP, Amazon etc.) and ensuring that build packages (binary, metadata, IAPs) are agreed up front with teams and delivered on time. As the manager of the Compliance team, the role is also responsible for ensuring we are always in alignment with platform guidelines.
- Work with key stakeholders on defining our release schedule, ensuring all proper sign offs are in place and ship a stable apps to our end users at regular cadence.
- Move fast to deliver frequent, high quality mobile releases.
- Onboard new projects to Compliance and Mobile Submit processes.
- Establishes and supports a positive, collaborative work environment between Mobile Submit and other internal teams (Compliance, DevRel, Partnership, and Studio Teams)
- Monitor, measure, and communicate release metrics to a broad internal audience.
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments taking into account product features and third party dependencies.
- Identify technical and process improvement opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to implement.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
- Continuously improve alpha, beta, and production release tooling and process.
- Grow, coach, and mentor international team of release engineers
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of professional software development or DevOps experience
- Experience in release management of mobile applications (iOS/Android) in fast paced, highly collaborative and high growth environments.
- Expert in app submission, review, and release methodologies, including alphas and betas.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Experience managing a distributed team of 4-10 people coordinating activities across multiple teams and locations.
- Proficient in use of issue tracking tools and platform-specific app stores.
- Excellent JIRA knowledge including dashboards and custom filters. JIRA admin experience beneficial.
- Awareness of mobile games market on iOS and Android.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time