AVAILABLE POSITIONS Release Engineer – Words With Friends
On our engineering team you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We work on an evergreen franchise called Words With Friends that is just scratching the surface on what it can deliver as a game and social experience.
Zynga and Words With Friends is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and nurture a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Words With Friends the best experience for our players.
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration and verification of complex software systems
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Develop tools and scripts to automate the testing of software and hardware systems
- Assist developers with build issues, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
- Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software
- Manage source code for branch and merge strategy.
- Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist.
- Familiar with Apple Store and Google Play Store releases
- Minimum 1+ year of Release Engineering experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in building engineering and release automation
- Minimum 2+ years of experience of Pipelines, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash/Python
- Experience with Unix based systems
- Experience with mobile software development is a plus
- Experience with Blue Ocean is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time