AVAILABLE POSITIONS Release Engineer – Mobile Submission
Facilitate the submission and releases for NaturalMotion/ Zynga, as well as provide support for all platform admin tasks. This role sits in the Quality Operations team which is a global best practice and training department. You will be part of a 6 person strong Mobile Submit team, with colleagues in Toronto, London, India and San Francisco. You will work closely with our publishing partnership team, and have direct communication channels with platform holders e.g. Apple App Review.
As this is an engineer level position you will be expected to be comfortable in command line UIs, have knowledge of basic scripting/ editing, aware of how source control applications work, and be able to troubleshoot basic to intermediate build problems.
Knowledge of iOS and Android submission portals is a big advantage.
- Drive submission and release best practice with the games teams.
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and leadership team to reduce risks around scheduled dates.
- Work closely with the other members of the release team in NM and Zynga across San Francisco, London, Toronto and Bangalore.
- Actioning the submission and release of apps and updates via the relevant platform portals.
- Managing and actioning platform admin requests via the Jira Service Desk.
- Examples of tasks include:
- Processing build uploads for testing.
- Managing Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificates.
- Creation and editing of In-App Purchases (IAP) on all platforms.
- Managing additions and changes to metadata items on both GameCenter and Google Play Games Services.
- Platform account access requests.
- Managing provisioning profiles and development certificates.
- Processing leavers on the 3rd party systems.
- Keeping on top of weekly tasks as required by the Director QA.
- Maintaining the archive of submitted data via GitHub.
- Conducting professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders.
- Providing additional assistance for Mobile Submit tasks such as documentation, updating store text (including localisations) and dealing with the platform development portals.
- Identify and track the latest platform changes and ensure relevant teams are informed of changes.
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission or release and quickly and clearly flag with the project management.
- Understand and highlight risks around new platform developments and work with the team to ensure they do not impact the app’s current and future versions.
- Be able to post-mortem submissions that experienced issues and use the information to create new checks to ensure that issues don’t repeat.
- Be comfortable working and coordinating with teams across multiple time zones, and overcoming the challenges that surfaces.
- Be able to support tasks on the JIRA service desk board from other Zynga offices and teams.
- Be able to create and update documentation that can be used by all release team members across NM and Zynga and be willing to educate.
- Active participation in meetings to discuss latest platform changes and company roadmap updates.
- Be able to highlight improvements to the release process and drive discussion within the team.
- Excellent understanding of mobile ecosystems/excellent understanding of the mobile developer platforms.
- Knowledgeable of GitHub, Jenkins and command line interfaces.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time