AVAILABLE POSITIONS QA Lead – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for QA Lead to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
We are looking for an experienced Test Lead who can oversee our daily interactions with external test vendors based in various locations around the globe. Maintaining and improving upon existing communication channels and work flows, while taking ownership of facilitating our QA coverage requirements with these teams.
You will be a self-disciplined problem-solver, strong communicator who is respectful and straightforward with colleagues and have the confidence to speak up when required. You should be trusting, flexible and thrive when working as part of a team that promotes a culture of mutual support.
Building extensive product and process knowledge will be key to success in the role.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting the QA team in execution of their testing, working closely with development teams to ensure defects are accurately reported, with all required details in acceptable time frames. Working with QA vendor’s test leads to ensure that the defects entered by their teams are to the high standards required to be accurately triaged.
- Working with the QA leadership team, you will be responsible for the continued improvements in quality from our remote external test teams. Assisting in the scoping, briefing and prioritisation of workloads to ensure that expected coverage is successfully achieved.
- Taking ownership of the communications pipelines, process workflows and the format of required deliverables. Continually assessing and monitoring the tools and processes for potential areas of improvement. Driving knowledge sharing across teams while creating, maintaining, reviewing and iterating on associated documentation.
- Being at the centre of the daily QA operation with our vendors, you’ll be directing efforts and switching focus as the project demands. You will be the main point of contact between external QA vendors and the internal team, acting as a conduit and understanding the needs of both to recognise and resolve future or developing bottlenecks or blockers.
- You will be actively participating in the hands-on investigation of issues where required, providing support across all parties to ensure accurate defect reporting, retesting/regression through to resolution. You will employ your experience to identify high risk/impact issues that require immediate escalation or further investigation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of the game development process – and how QA integrates and supports them
- Working with external partners
- Experience of managing cross-location QA teams – as an organiser and a leader
- Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes
- Test planning and execution using a variety of test approaches and techniques
- Ensuring the required levels of test coverage for each product are achieved – balancing risk, cost and schedule
- Creation and maintenance of QA documentation – including version control management were required
- Use of QA tools such as Test Rail, JIRA and Confluence
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of industry standard game editors and industry compliance requirement
- Mobile game familiarity
- LiveOps experience
- Agile practices and processes
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Quality Assurance
Careers location: Brighton, UK, London, UK
Requisition ID: P209998
Select Your Country of Residence